Terms of Service
Combe Incorporated (“Combe”) maintains this website (“Site”) to permit visitors from the United States to learn more about Combe, its businesses and its products. Please feel free to browse the Site for educational, informational, or entertainment purposes. By using this Site, however, you hereby agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of this User Agreement (“Agreement”). Combe reserves the right at its own discretion to change the terms and conditions of the Agreement at any time and to notify users of any such changes by online postings. Your continued use of this Site after such postings will automatically constitute your acceptance of those changes.
Terms and Conditions
- This Site contains information about health and beauty care products that may or may not be available in certain parts of the world and/or that may be available under different trademarks. Additionally, the products may be subject to approval or clearance processes in some countries by various governmental agencies, and this may result in different indications, ingredients, restrictions, and labeling. Because of these variables, the product information that is available at this Site is intended for use by U.S. residents only. You should not construe anything at this Site as a promotion or a solicitation for any product or the possible use of any product that is not authorized by the laws and regulations of the country in which you are located. Combe is in the process of developing its Site to provide links to international sites providing information about Combe products, businesses and operations at such international locations. These international links can be accessed through the home page (www.combe.com). Those new international sites have information that will be appropriate to those countries and regions, and the product information that is available through such an international link is intended solely for use by, and is applicable only to, residents of that international location. Finally, descriptions of Combe’s products contained within this Site shall not constitute product labeling; you should use Combe’s products in accordance with the instructions contained on the cartons and labels found on those products in the country of purchase.
- All information (“Information”) that you read or see at this Site is protected by copyright or other intellectual property laws. The contents (“Contents”) are owned by Combe, its affiliates, or other third parties from whom Combe has received certain legal rights. You may not report, modify, publish, sell, reproduce, distribute, post, display, transmit, or in any way exploit any of this Site’s Contents for commercial purposes. You may, if you wish, download and retain on a disk or in hard drive form a single copy of the Contents of this Site for personal, non-commercial purposes as long as you do not remove any proprietary notices.
- While Combe has made reasonable efforts to include Information at this Site that is accurate and timely, Combe makes no representations or warranties as to such Information and, specifically, Combe assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the Information or the Contents of this Site. Moreover, Combe neither warrants nor represents that your use of the Information will not infringe the rights of third parties who are not affiliated with Combe. Your access to and use of this Site are at your own risk, and neither Combe nor any party involved in the creation, transmittal, or maintenance of this Site shall be liable to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damages of any kind allegedly arising out of your access or use of this Site, or your inability to access or use this Site. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, the Contents of this Site are provided to you on an “AS IS” basis and specifically WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not permit the exclusion of implied warranties and, as a result, some of the exclusions referenced above may not apply to you. You should check your local laws for any limitations or restrictions that might impact you.
- Combe assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or any viruses that may infect, your computer equipment resulting from your access to or use of this Site, or the downloading of any Information from this Site.
- The trademarks, logos and service marks (“Trademarks”) displayed throughout the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Combe and third party licensors. No license, right or permission is granted to you for any use of the Trademarks by you or anyone authorized by you. Misuse of the Trademarks is strictly prohibited and Combe will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the pursuit of criminal prosecutions whenever and wherever necessary.
- The pictures and images of people, products, places or things displayed on this Site are either the property of Combe or are used with the permission of third parties. Any use of such pictures or images by you or anyone authorized or affiliated with you is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized uses of pictures and images may violate copyright or trademark laws, privacy laws, or communications laws or regulations.
- Internet users located in countries that are subject to U.S. trade embargo laws and regulations are prohibited from accessing this Site, and are asked to exit promptly at this time.
- Any communication or material transmitted to this Site by electronic mail or other means, shall be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. This includes ideas, suggestions, comments, questions and any other information or data. Anything submitted to Combe can be used, reproduced, transmitted, disclosed or published by Combe or its affiliates without restriction or compensation. Ideas and suggestions which you believe are of a confidential and/or proprietary nature should not be submitted to Combe electronically or otherwise without first signing a confidential disclosure agreement prepared by Combe’s legal department or otherwise complying with alternate provisions set forth within or through this Site.
- This Site may provide on occasion links or references to other websites not affiliated with Combe. Combe is not responsible for the content of such other sites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from users’ access to such sites. Links to other sites are provided only as a convenience to users of this Site.
- This Site may contain from time to time information related to various health, medical and fitness conditions and their treatment. Such information is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by a physician or other medical professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing a health or fitness problem or disease. You should always consult a physician and medical advisers.
- Combe reserves the right to alter or delete any material from the Content of this Site at any time. Combe further reserves the right to discontinue this Site at any time and without notice.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, without regard to any conflicts of law provisions. Any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of, relating to, or in connection with this Site or this User Agreement, or the breach or validity of this User Agreement, shall be settled by arbitration. The arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association in effect at the time of the arbitration except as they may be modified herein. The seat of the arbitration shall be New York, New York, and the arbitration shall be conducted in the English language. The sole arbitrator shall be selected and appointed by the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration award shall be in writing, and shall be final and binding on the parties. The award may include an award of costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements. Judgment upon the award may be entered by any court having jurisdiction thereof or having jurisdiction over the parties or their assets.
(This User Agreement was most recently amended on March 1, 2004. If you read a previous version, please take the time to re-read this revised document at this time.)